Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lost...

I've been flying a lot lately,going north to south and south to north. And like most things, if you do them a lot, you get really good at them. Well, I have really stepped up my flying game over this last year, it is now bordering on professional. I don't wear a belt through security, I wear shoes that can easily slip on and off, and I ask for the ocean spray cran-grape before the flight attendant even gives me the options. I fly with the greatest of ease.

Or, at least I used to. My friend let me borrow the first season of Lost and now....


I get it. Now I get why everyone likes that show and why people are terrified to fly. I realize now the plane could potentially fall out of the sky and crash land on an island of polar bears and angry fog. 

I find myself looking around the cabin wondering who would be the Jack, the Locke, the Charlie. I fancy myself as a Kate, the deadly outlaw with even deadlier good looks. Next time you are on a plane see if you can spot the Hurly, the Claire, the Turniphead.



To keep the plane theme rolling, my friend and office mate James, sent me this funny video of comedian Louis CK. The plane jokes are really funny.

7 comments:

samacleod said...

Haha! Lost is amazing. I still love flying though, it's worth the fear of dying for the pay off of that view from above, I love clouds.

jennifer m. lee said...

yeah im totally sitting in front of you!!!

Matt Braly said...

Get lost on a tropical island? Wouldn't you have a better chance of crashing in Bakersfield?

Erik Benson said...

I'll take the island. I don't think I would last very long in bakersfield. I would face polar bears and black fog on the island but in bakersfield I would have to fight off packs of stray dogs and meth addicts.

J said...

This is awesome! I just play dead and wait for it all to be over. I also pray to whatever built the universe that I don't have to go during the flight... those toilet closets scare me.

Carrie Leigh said...

Ah, Benson..
Clearly you are a Lost noob. Enjoy these days while they last, soon your beloved Kate's devilish charm and intriguing past will dissolve to spineless predictability. And with her personality, her beauty will also fade.
Have you noticed those horse teeth? ginormous!

maikaljj said...

I feel really finicky reading these articles I mean there are writers that can write reasonable stuff.
LeadPages discount